The Ultimate Fat Stack
What on earth is a fat stack?
A fat stack is a layered meal for people following a ketogenic, low carb high fat diet that looks BEAUTIFUL.
Everyone has a ‘go-to’ dinner right? That dish that you love, that you can almost make with your eyes closed.
Since starting a ketogenic diet I have made this combo in various ways and always come back to this recipe.
It is going to form part of a series of recipes that I like to call Fat Stacks – towers of ingredients that form a delicious combination of vibrant keto-friendly foods.
As a chocolate lover I can’t wait to start creating some Dessert Fat Stacks, my mouth is watering at the prospect already.
I came up with the idea of Fat Stacks as I wanted to find a way of making keto- friendly foods look as pretty as they taste.
Conveniently I have found a way of doing it that is so simple I wish I had thought of it years ago!
Fat Stack Tips
- I grease the plating ring with avocado oil or coconut oil having experimented with lots of different fats. These work the best.
- I use a non-stick pan when frying eggs for these recipes. It helps!
- In the U.K. my favourite egg is called a Burford Brown – they are medium eggs from gorgeous happy chickens that have a dark orange yolk.
- 50g smoked salmon
- 50g soft goat's cheese or full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 medium egg
- Handful of salad leaves - I used lambs lettuce and pea shoots
- 3 baby plum tomatoes halved
- For the dressing:
- Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Prepare your dressing by combining the avocado oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a plating ring - place the ring on your plate in the centre and form your smoked salmon in the bottom in ribbons.
- Next scoop out your ripe avocado and put on top of the salmon, pressing down with the back of a spoon to form and even layer.
- Next is your goat's or soft cheese, again smoothing it out to form a nice even layer on top of the avocado.
- Remove the plating ring and wash in hot soapy water. Dry and then coat the inside of your ring with a little oil.
- Taking a frying pan, put a little oil in the centre and once hot place your plating ring in the pan.
- Crack your egg into the plating ring and cook the egg until the white is no longer transparent.
- Whilst the egg is cooking, scatter your salad leaves and tomatoes around your fat stack.
- Remove the plating ring (careful it will be hot!).
- Place the egg on top of your fat stack.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad leaves.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.04||1%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Six Pack Chick
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know if you have any feedback or how I could improve it!
I am really excited to share my fat stack recipes with you – they are not only delicious for every day meals but are perfect for dinner parties…..your friends may just convert to a ketogenic diet too!