Beginner sounds painful doesn’t it?
Starting anything is hard.
I get it.
When I got back into running I procrastinated over going for my first run for MONTHS.
I was a beginner all over again.
When I look back at it now, it seems crazy.
Now I am itching to go on a run every day and if for any reason I can’t go….I get moody.
When you haven’t started running yet, the above sentence is hard to imagine. Running looks painful and when you are a beginner you can’t imagine it being REALLY pleasurable.
You see, that ‘runner’s high’ really does exist.
Running has given me my best body ever, my depression has lifted and I am much more focused with my work. After I have run, I feel like I can achieve anything.
In case you need further encouragement, here are some more reasons to run:
Reasons to Run when you are a beginner
- Make new friends – Runners ARE a friendly bunch and so encouraging.
- You don’t need any special equipment – just a pair of running shoes and some old sweatpants and you are set!
- You were born to run – our ancestors ran to catch prey!
- Running is a great calorie burner – you are lifting your body weight with each step.
- You get to experience runners high – there is a definite mood lift after a run.
- Running makes you strong – many experts believe it actually strengthens your bones, not weakens them.
- You will get more energy – far from making you tired, a nice run leaves you energised for hours.
- You will sleep better – running promotes better quality zzzzzz.
- It isn’t weather dependent – with the right gear you can run in all weathers. Each season brings it’s own benefit.
- You will stress less – I have found my stress levels have halved. My response to stressful events is so much calmer too.
I am so passionate about getting people to run that I have developed a free E-book for you to download.
I want you to feel as good as I do.
I want you to really ENJOY running.
I want it to become part of your life!
Let me know how you get on